Plant species and plant tissue used:
- Aristotelia chilensis (Maqui berry) - berries (ripe)
- Berberis buxifolia (Calafate) - berries (ripe)
- Corema album (Portuguese crowberry) - leaf
- Lonicera caerulea (S322-3) (Blue honeysuckle) - berries (ripe)
- Ribes nigrum cv. Ben Hope (Blackcurrant) - berries (ripe)
- Ribes nigrum var. sibiricum cv. Biryusinka (Blackcurrant) - berries (ripe)
- Rubus genevieri (Blackberry) - fruit (3 ripening stages)
- Rubus sp. var. Lochness (Blackberry) - fruit (red)
- Rubus idaeus cv. Octavia (Red raspberry) - fruit (ripe)
- Rubus idaeus cv. Prestige (Red raspberry) - fruit (3 ripening stages)
- Rubus vagabundus (Blackberry) - fruit (ripe)
- Ugni molinae (Murtilla) - berries (ripe)
- Vaccinium corymbosum (Blueberry) - berries (ripe)
- Vaccinium uliginosum (Bog bilberry) - berries (ripe)
If you use the BacHBerryGEN Transcriptome Sequences and BLAST Server in manuscripts or presentations, please cite:
Thole V, Bassard J-E, Ramírez-González R, Trick M, Ghasemi Afshar B, Breitel D, Hill L, Foito A, Shepherd L, Freitag S, Nunes dos Santos C, Menezes R, Bañados P, Naesby M, Wang L, Sorokin A, Tikhonova O, Shelenga T, Stewart D, Vain P and Martin C (2019) RNA-seq, de novo transcriptome assembly and flavonoid gene analysis in 13 wild and cultivated berry fruit species with high content of phenolics. BMC Genomics 20: 995. doi:10.1186/s12864-019-6183-2
Except for Rubus sp. var. Lochness (Blackberry), please cite:
Garcia-Seco D, Zhang Y, Gutierrez-Mañero FJ, Martin C, Ramos-Solano B (2015) RNA-Seq analysis and transcriptome assembly for blackberry (Rubus sp. Var. Lochness) fruit. BMC Genomics 16:5 doi:10.1186/s12864-014-1198-1. The datasets are also available in the EBI ENA database (Accession number: PRJEB6680).
If you would like to download any or all of the entire transcriptome assemblies, please request a password from firstname.lastname@example.org and then use these credentials at Fruit Transcriptome Sequences
BacHBerryGEN is an output of the BacHBerry project (Bacterial Hosts for Production of Bioactive Phenolics from Berry Fruits).
This work was supported by the European Union Framework Programme 7 [No. 613793].